Friday, September 18, 2009

Beginnings of a new stage

So I'm into my second week of college and I'm just getting settled into the routine of the work and the times that I go to bed and wake up. I'm loving the experience though because it's like you have an authorative figure yet they aren't constantly on your back with the assignments... I'm responsible for keeping tabs on what and when things are due when there are tests what readings I'm responsible to know and it makes me want to do these things instead of dreading the fact that I have the professor on my shoulder forcing me to do things or constantly nagging. Then of course there is all the stuff there is to do on campus! It's like you really can't be bored because there's always something new to try or an event taking place and I absolutely love it. I feel like I'm definitely taking a turn for the better in my life in both intellectually and socially. It has surpassed my expectations and provided me food for thought.

Just recently I was having a conversation with my godfather about how humans are diconnecting from everyday life... all sprung from an article that I read in English class which I otherwise would not have read. It's like this we are becoming so reliant on our technology that we don't bother remembering birthdays numbers addresses and when we want to know something we just look it up on google no more going into in depth research on something. Honestly if I didn't have my cell phone or my laptop I would not be able to communicate with barely anyone because I know no numbers by heart and addresses are even worse. And on the topic of google... it is becoming what the oracles were to the greeks... wanna know the weather tommorrow ask google, wanna what illness you are suffering from ask google, wanna know what you should name your child! ask google. Don't get me wrong google is an awesome tool that I believe we should use less I am going to make a concious effort to look into things myself more in depth and I think the rest of us should try to also.

So yeah that's just one thing that sprung out of my college class. And there's management which I have to write a career plan for and it's not one of things I've thought of doing which everyone should do, but weirdly I hadn't so that's good that it's mandatory cause I would have done it sooner or later, but it's better now rather than later, and I get credit for it too.

So if I had to rate my classes so far it would have to be English comp would have to be my favorite because it makes me think and brings in other subjects into the class so I'm not stuck on one subject Least favorite would have to be philosophy it's so freaking boring and it's just all over the place right now which really gives me a headache cause I get confused as to who the heck she's talking about.

Other than that I've joined the legal society club which helps with the whole law major thing. And looking forward to taking a judo class on Tuesday. The whole span of things available to do is amazing... In short I love college.

Anyways that's my college life these past two weeks there are other stuff, but it's too much to post.

No comments: